Kathie Jankauskas has been drawn to the arts since “art camp” as a kid. Although she graduated college with a degree in civil engineering all of her other studies were focused on the arts. As fate would have it, her first engineering boss, Narendra Amin, was himself an accomplished artist. He encouraged her to keep her artistic core and to this day, he remains a good friend, art mentor and inspiration. See the website of his work created by Kjan here.
As a mother her artistic energy was channeled into teaching her children to embrace creativity. Wanting to return to her own artistic roots, Kathie attended watercolor classes and then studied Illustration. A teacher at Bucks County Community College suggested she master how to put her illustrations on the computer and Kathie’s passion for graphic art and design was born. As an accomplished designer, Kathie created the very successful KJanStudio, which provides small businesses in the greater Philly area with logos, marketing collateral in print and web, and original illustration.
“I love the depth of color and energy that oils bring to the canvas.”
Kathie’s latest artistic pursuit and passion is expression through oil painting. “I love the depth of color and energy that oils bring to the canvas.” Kathie has studied with several artists in the Lambertville, NJ area and from those classes met and painted with fellow artists plein aire for several years. The group, now known as The Painter’s Collective, paints together regularly weather permitting and looks for opportunities to show their art together.
Kathie is also a member of the Phillips Mill Community Association, Artsbridge, and is also an active member of the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce. She has created several acclaimed posters, websites and admission buttons for First Night Newtown winning a first place Prism award for one of her website designs. Kathie has also been awarded several graphics awards along with a 1st place in the Advertising Illustration category at Phillustration 2010 from the Philadelphia Sketch Club.
I have work in Canal Frame-Craft Gallery and was accepted into the following juried shows:
- 2011 – 2022 Small Works Art Show at Canal Frame-Craft Gallery
- 2022 The 93rd Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mil
- 2021 The 92nd Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mil
- 2020 The 91st Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2019 Artists of Yardley Annual Juried Show
- 2019 The 90th Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2018 Artists of Yardley Small Works Show
- 2018 The 89th Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2017 Feather & Flight Juried Art Exhibition at D&R Greenway
- 2017 The 88th Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2017 Artists of Yardley Annual Juried Show
- 2016 The 87th Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2016 Spirit of Bucks County Juried Art Show
- 2016 New Hope Historical Society Juried Art Show
- 2015 21st Annual Artsbridge Open Juried Show
- 2014 – The 85th Juried Art Exhibition of Philips’ Mill
- 2014 Byer Bucks Fever Juried Art Exhibition
- 2013 New Hope Art League Juried Art Show
- 2013 – 2014 Artists of Yardley Annual Juried Show
- 2013 Ellarslie Open at Trenton City Museum
- 2012 The 83nd Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2011 New Hope Art League Juried Show
- 2011 The 82nd Juried Art Exhibition at Phillips’ Mill
- 2011 Friends of the Delaware Canal Bucks County Art Show
- 2011 “Vision of Hope” Juried Exhibit at Canal Frame-Craft Gallery
Remember opening up a new box of Crayola crayons…the kind with 64 crayons and a sharpener?
Ahhhh….the excitement, so many possibilities!